Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing required system fonts or cmap files

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2005 Dec 17, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I installed (and uninstalled and reinstalled over and over) InDesign CS2 today (via the full Creative Suite 2 installer), and every time I try to launch it, I get the dreaded "missing required system fonts or cmap files. please reinstall" dialog.

I have read and tried http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/324343.html. I have manually copied in the ZX______.PFM and ZY______.PFM files. I have deleted the AdobeFnt*.lst files, and reinstalled.

Nothing seems to work.

Could someone assist with a solution?

Regards,
Allan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 101 Replies 101
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2007 Feb 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted 2 thank Domingo 4 the files u put on the server, u r brilliant! regards from Islandur in Iceland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2007 Feb 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help me please.. i got the same problem with you guys.. they need the CMap files..can you send it to me Domingo??

Kirei_morizuki@yahoo.com

also tell me where should i paste/extract it too.. thanks somuch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2007 Feb 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the whole thread you'll see where Domingo posted the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2007 Feb 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: Domingo Chavez,

Your upload and instructions did help VERY MUCH. Thanks a lot!!!

Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2007 Feb 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Domingo thanks!!!

Greets from the Netherlands!!! x m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2007 Feb 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent the past two days trying to get the InDesign to function, the steps I followed from the Adobe tech support docs did not work, I have re-installed the Adobe Creative Suite2Standard, and not able to use InDesign!
HELP some one please, the Adobe phone help simply sent me back to the Adobe web site, to no avail. How much time wasted trying to get something I paid 1200 Euro for to work.
Has any one got an answer
harry52@eircom.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harry52

Please start a new topic and explain your problem clearly.

Many people are willing to help if you do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because no one reads this thread entirely, i'm reposting the instructions at the end so people don't have to dig too far to find them.

+++++++++++++++++++++
Missing Files: http://public.newrandom.com/Reqrd.rar (or .zip)

Instructions:

The attached archive contains the CMaps and Base folders that contain the files that you are most likely missing. Just unzip the files using an unzip program such as winzip, winrar, or Windows built in archive program. Make sure inDesign is not running. Delete the CMaps and Base folders in your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts\Reqrd folder, and copy these new folders in their place. Simply run inDesign and you should no longer be presented with the error message.

If you have any problems, don't hesitate to contact me.
+++++++++++++++++++++

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally managed to get indesign to open after finding another computer (a Mac) and copied the folder from reqd and pasted it into the common files/adobe/fonts/reqd folder and presto it worked, after two long days following the various methods adobe tech support offered. Whey dons't Adobe simply put it onto the extras disc, it obviously happens all the time to lots of people! Hope all the other programmes that need that file will also operate smoothly!!!!
Any way at last I can get to productive work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having this InDesign problem as well. I tried to unzip the file
http://public.newrandom.com/Reqrd.rar but winzip didn't opn. I got a message that said windows cannot open ths file. I have unzipped others seccuessfully but not this one. Is there a .zip I can get to?

This is so crazy. I cannot believe Adobe can't fix this problem which appearently has been going on for quite some time. Sholud I stick with Quark?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just change the .rar to a .zip. I have both copies online for download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Domingo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2007 Mar 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2007 Mar 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Domingo Chavez! Adobe should be paying you a salary for your expertise on this board! Your suggestion worked like a charm. InDesign is now working fine.

Next...if only I could figure out why I am getting a Runtime Error on Illustrator CS2 when trying to save a file.

Boy...I wish Adobe was more responsive to their customers support needs.

Thanks again Domingo.
Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Domingo, for making the corrected files available. You saved me lots of time and a big old headache. Appreciate it very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding those files definitely fixed my problem for me, after trying many of the Adobe methods.

Thank you so much Domingo, if you want help hosting those files, if bandwidth becomes an issue, let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated and has releaved so much stress lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2007 Apr 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me or is the link you posted really not working anymore? When I click the link it says that this link could not be displayed..did you removed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be working when my webhost gets back online. For some reason they are down at the moment. Working at uploading it to a temporary location at the moment, but my connection seems to be a little shotty too. Hang on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If http://www.public.newrandom.com/Reqrd.rar (or .zip)
is not working, give the following a try:

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=121536

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your fast response and the files, the link worked properly. Also, my InDesign works just the way it should now.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2007 Apr 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IM VERY FRUSTRATED, I USE A MAC G5 AND I HAD A PROBLEM THIS WEEK MY PHOTOSHOP CS2 GET FREEZE THEN I TRY TO REINSTALL WITH THE ORIGINAL CD INSTALLER, AND THIS GIVE ME AN ERROR DURING THE INSTALLATION : A REQUIRED FILE IS MISSING, I DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT FILE OR WHAT CAN BE, PLIS SOME ONE COULD HELP ME WITH THIS IM VERY SAD :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2007 Apr 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac OS X, the required folders go here: Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts/Reqrd/

It worked! Thank you so much, Domingo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2007 Apr 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eduardo,

(1) Please post in the relevant forum. You are asking a question about Photoshop on Macintosh. This is a forum for InDesign on Windows.

(2) Furthermore, please don't hijack existing message threads with questions about something else.

(3) Finally, typing in ALL CAPS not only makes your message hard to read for us humans, but it is also considered to be the equivalent of shouting on the internet. Please use normal typing when posting in these forums.

- Dov
- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2007 May 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Domingo, you rock! Thanx a million!! [inappropriate content deleted by forum host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 19, 2007 May 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inappropriate content wasn't deleted from my subscription to the list. Perhaps many other subscribers saw it also. It's far out of line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines