Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing required system fonts or cmap files

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2005 Dec 17, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I installed (and uninstalled and reinstalled over and over) InDesign CS2 today (via the full Creative Suite 2 installer), and every time I try to launch it, I get the dreaded "missing required system fonts or cmap files. please reinstall" dialog.

I have read and tried http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/324343.html. I have manually copied in the ZX______.PFM and ZY______.PFM files. I have deleted the AdobeFnt*.lst files, and reinstalled.

Nothing seems to work.

Could someone assist with a solution?

Regards,
Allan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 101 Replies 101
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2007 May 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried. I doubt he'll be back, though.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2007 Jun 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Domingo's solution also fixed this problem for me with Photoshop CS2 on WinXP, I suddenly could not open any files or create any new files in Photoshop without the same error. Has anyone discovered the *cause* of this problem? This happened on a test system that I use for testing EFI printer drivers, so I regularly install and remove driver components. I suspect this was the cause, but I'd like to narrow it down to specific components if possible.
-Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2007 Jul 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Domingo!!!
Your instructions helped me with the same InDesign problem other people had.

josefina.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2007 Aug 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You rock Domingo! Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2007 Aug 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! It worked like a charm! Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2007 Sep 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even have the Reqrd folder in my fonts folder! The whole thing was missing.

Thanks Domingo for posting those files!!

But, now I receive the following error:

"Some files required for color management are missing. please re-install the application to ensure proper functioning Indesign."

So, now I have to figure out how to fix this!!

I've tried searching online and can't come up with anything. If anyone has a solution, please email me at eisor at uga dot edu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2007 Oct 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please please send me these files!
thank you,
Anna
angenova@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this error on a user's machine when launching InCopy CS2 immediately after installing and updating InCopy CS3.

Copying the Reqrd folder provided by Domingo did the trick. Oddly, the CMaps folder that was there initially had less than ten files in it and the Base folder was completely missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your a legend Domingo Chavez! - you Base files et wroked a treat, I almost hd a heart attack when my indesign went down! :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2007 Nov 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need help. I've XP Spanish version and i created the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts but it still doesn't work. There it's also the folder C:\Archivos de programa\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts both with the folder Reqrd.

Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Cleary & Domingo

Thanks so much for all your help with the missing fonts and getting dreaded error message. Everything worked fine. I downloaded your reqrd.rar and zipped it to get the relevant 2 folders. I searched and searched as to where to put it, like Ann I have a MAC. I followed Ann's location on my mac and got to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts and that's all I had. I moved Domingo's Reqrd Folder over and renamed the folder to Reqrd (full location now Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts/Reqrd.) I opened up both Indesign CS2 & Photoshop CS2
and both errors have been resolved (Indesign with the error about CMAPS & Photoshop with error that Abobe could not complete your request because of a program error.)

Thank you so much Domingo & Ann for your insight to where on a MAC the folders would go.

All the best and Happy Holidays.

Richie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2008 Mar 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Domingo,
I would love to have these files, as I am getting this message and it is making me unable to work in InDesign. I have tried all the Adobe support fixes I can find & I the client I am doing this for can only have CS2 files.

Could your miracle cure be posted or emailed to me at schultzjess@yahoo.com.

Your help would be wonderful & I would be very thankful.

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2008 Mar 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessica,

See post #29 in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2008 Mar 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Domingo Chavez,

I have a query regarding the FontException with PDF while viewing using acrobat viewer java api(com.adobe.acrobat.*)

I assume the problem is FontRegisration, because Arial and TimesNewRoman are truetype in my document and not registered. So it is alerting with not able to recognize the font.

So, I request you to revert back with a solution that how to register the font in an existing pdf from java.

Thanking you
Charles v c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2008 Apr 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Domingo,

I can't seem to download the files you have a link to. Can you please email them to me. I am on a G5.
My problem is I get a message that says
Could not complete your request because of a program error.

valarie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2008 May 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am on a MacBook running OS X (Leopard) and I just tried installing InDesign CS3. I have been using InDesign CS for the last few years. I received the same error message as everyone here and I tried replacing my CMap and Base folders in both library/application support/adobe/fonts/Reqrd in both the username folder and the system folder, but this hasn't worked. I also tried copying the fonts from the CMap folder and the Fonts folder from the 'PDFL' folder in 'Application Support' in case that might help something.

Has anyone encountered this problem and NOT been able to resolve it with Domingo's fonts? If so, what did you do? This is so frustrating!

Danielle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2008 May 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danielle,

Domingo's files were copied from a PC which may or may not have a bearing on why the solution isn't working for you. I'd suggest you repost on the Mac side and ask if anyone would be willing to copy and post a set of working files from a Mac installation.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2008 Jul 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, and I'm not sure that it gets any closer to a proper resolution, I tried something different.

I was getting the "Could not complete your request because of a program error" after having opened a gif file in CS2 then trying to create a new blank image file in CS2.

I tried a few of the fixes suggested here and none worked.

I then took a screenshot (ctrl print screen - windows) and opened a new image file in CS2 and pasted in my screenshot. This seemed to clear something and I am now able to create a new blank file again!!

After two wasted hours now I have no stupid error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2008 Sep 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fwiw;

i'm on osx 10.5.5. i did not have this problem on 10.5.4 (using the same PSD, same adobe cs3 install).

1. i used domingo's file fix (thanks a ton, bro!). unfortunately, this alone didn't work.
2. i recreated my preference files.
- Hold Command+Option+Shift when you start Photoshop.
- Click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"
3. i'm back in bidness.

thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2008 Oct 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Domingo, I love you and I love internet too!!
CMap Files are OK!
Thank you a lot.

Keni, from Chile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2009 Jan 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have have CS2 prem, have problems with cmap files in Indesign and resolve them but now after instaling again and starting i can import jpg but can't import tiff or eps "out of memory". When opening an old document display performance are tipical but some of the images look tipickal as they must be but some look like fast preview even in tipical mode.
Have enought memory - check already. Also Indesign works correct ... 2 years on this computer.
So, i can't use the program for finel projects :))))
Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The out of memory message could be indicative of a virus or spyware, so you should check. If that isn't it, perhaps uninstall and reinstall again.

The default view setting is typical display, unless you change it, but it also allows object level display settings, so that could be the source of your gray boxes. Another possibility is missing links and no stored preview in the file.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same CS2 on my laptop and test the same docs - work correct. The files I open are allready printed /have package folder, print pdfs..../ and made from the same computer and software.
everything else - Illustrator, Photoshop are OK
- Will check for a virus...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2009 Mar 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe I've just had to do this for a trial download of CS4...

Vista 32 ultimate. Uk.

It's meant to be a trial as in a test of the software, not a test of your ingenuity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines