• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move styles out of style group

Contributor ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to move my styles OUT of the group they're in and delete that group. I've seen people posting scripts, but i have no idea how to use them. Is there another way? It seemed simple enough to move them INTO the style group, when i tried it out, but why is it so hard to get them back out?

I would just delete them all and start over, but I've already applied the styles meticulously throughout a large document, and I'm assuming that will lose all those applied styles....?

TOPICS
How to , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

It's not hard at all - just drag them outside the group. 

Delete the group. 

Not sure what's so difficult?
Is it that you can't multi-select them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I can't create a new paragraph style, as it demands i place it in a style group, nor can i load styles from other documents. This has got me dead in the water.

Can I remove the group style option altogether?? I NEVER want to use it.
style group issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a fresh document, and noticed there is what looks like a group style created automatically (basic paragraph)--is that a GROUP?ID is style group created automatically.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a fresh document, and noticed there is what looks like a group style created automatically (basic paragraph)--is that a GROUP?

No, it's a paragraph style. The built-in style(s) appear with brackets around them. The top one shows the current default paragraph style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I can't create a new paragraph style, as it demands i place it in a style group,

Strange. Are you you clicking on the little plus sign in a square?

Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 13.28.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, I'm using the plus sign to create the styles, but as you can see in the screenshot, i was getting sent to that box when i did it, to add it to a style group. I'm not sure what that was about, but it seems to be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kelli Jae Baeli, maybe you don't have any Style Groups? They look like folders and can be opened with the little arrow to the left of them. See this video of me moving some paragraph styles out of their style groups and then deleting the style groups.

Screen Recording 2023-05-28 at 13.20.31.gif

Does that help?

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not hard at all - just drag them outside the group. 

Delete the group. 

Not sure what's so difficult?
Is it that you can't multi-select them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines