• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving InDesign swatch groups

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In swatches have create a colour group in InDesign (latest version) which contain regular colours I use. I would like to move this group/folder to the top of the list of swatches. So I would like move my 'Primary colours' and 'Secondary colours' folder above the general swatches listed there in my attahed screen grab. Any ideas why this can't be done if at all? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know the sort order of swatches is swatcehs before folders. You find this sorting of folders first or last in some file systems also. You could make a folder with the other colours (except colours in [] that are fixed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that's shame. Yeah I could make a folder with the other colour, however the other colours grow all the time as I import/copy and paste vector files so it would be too time consuming. I reckon InDesign should alow you to place all material in the swatches palette in the order you want. Oh well, it is what it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines