Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MSO slideshow with in5

Explorer ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

Im trying to make an MSO slideshow so users can view differente images as a carrousel that slides horizontally. 

I tried using the in5 "Slideshow - interactive widget" but it doesnt seem to be working. Does any one know what could be wrong? Some websites said not to select "Auto Play", "Tap to Play/Pause" and "Swipe" at the same time, which I have done. But still does not work at all. 

I followed this steps:  Create a multi-state object (MSO)  and use it to make a slideshow 

• Place your images on the page

• Select them

• In the Object States panel (Window > Interactive > Object States), click the "+" button to convert selection to a multi-state object

• Go to in5 > Interactive Widgets > Slideshow

• Select desired options in the Slideshow dialog (again, use either Tap or Swipe but not both)

Is there anything that I am missing? 

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "doesn't seem to be working" mean? And how are you testing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EPUB Preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the end product (i.e. pdf, epub, publish online)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hint: if it's any of those, it won't work.

This has to be exported using in5 and opened in a browser. I just tested it and works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the slideshow feature (free one) does not work on Epub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only in5 feature that works in EPUB is scrolling frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm ok thats good to know. Is there any other way to make a carrousel? Im trying to make a sliding/swiping animation. Ideally it should be inside a nested MSO but after seing a couple of posts in this blog this wont work as animations inside nested MSO's dont. But is there another trick that you may know to make it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fake it with a video or an animate GIF which of course can only be self-running. You can do it with an MSO but it'll require buttons. Again, you can fake it by putting a full state no-fill, no-stroke button in each state set to go to the next state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I cant add a video or gif. Im doing a carrousel to show graphs that im desining on illustrator. I was just asked to see if I could make them like this but I am out ideas. I have an MSO right now and I have been playing with the idea of having it float around and use the hide/show buttons but I have noticed that it can get glitchy and not hide your MSO once in a while.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can "hide" it by having an empty state to go to. Forget the show/hide buttons. That's just way too much work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines