• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to creat a pdf media kit containing downloadable banners and images contained within the doc

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what is the best a way to create a pdf with downloadable images and documents ? Idealy those images and files would be stored within the document, not remotly.

I tried the interactive PDF mode but can't find a way to do that. I just managed to get hyperlinks to my wordpress image librairy. It opens the image/file in the browser. What I'd like is that people download automatically the image/file when they clic on the link.

Is that possible with indesign ?

TOPICS
Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with InDesign. You could create some of it in Acrobat but what for?

Put it all on a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick answer. I looked at a pdf that just does that and apprently it was created on idesign so I spent a couple of hours trying to find out how ! Anyway, you are absolutly right, I'll just create the page on the website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are interested, you can simply attach documents to the master PDF by selecting "Attach File" in Acrobat. You can also create a button/link in master PDF that when triggered, can open an attached PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know about master pdf,  i'll check that out !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you can get everyone to use Reader or Acrobat, it's going to be a crapshoot. I'm sticking with my original advice...just create a web page. That's what people are expecting these days anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about using e.g. Dropbox and share a folder?

EDITED: Double post. Sorry.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about using e.g. Dropbox and share a folder?

There is also a web interface with Dropbox.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines