• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Print driver Causing Unwanted Color Bars on Newly Created Documents

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall a print driver today and now all of my documents created after are printing with some kind of color bar on them but my old jobs/documents can be printed with out it...please help. Thanks in advance

<Title renamed by MOD>

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Maybe this will help:

https://youtu.be/0HsgeqNvIX4?si=C5e3tAU0BjFW6ooG 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just added a picture below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, the printing of color bars is a selectable option and it sounds like it might have been ticked in the print dialog .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a picture of what is appearing on my documents. I checked all of the settings and didn't see anything that was set different than my old jobsnew print problem2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mike_2024

Have you checked settings in the Driver itself?

And how do you print? Directly from InDesign or you first export PDF and then print from Acrobat? 

Sometimes, there are strange problems when printing directly - so the best route is to export PDF and then print it from Acrobat. 

There was a thread recently about problems with HP printers - InDesign = blank pages, Acrobat = OK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, what would I be looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, what would I be looking for?

By @mike_2024

I've updated my reply so please check it again - try exporting PDF and printing from Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always printed directly from indesign, I am using a Xerox C70 digital press

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always printed directly from indesign, I am using a Xerox C70 digital press

By @mike_2024

Unfortunately, it might have stopped working - either fault is with the latest InDesign's update - or new version of printer driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those color bars definitely look like they are being addded by the driver (and my guess is they are meant for reading by equipment mounted on the press).  Open the printer driver and look for a setting there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now after playing around this morning I noticed something, it seems to create this whn I duplex something. If I onlyprint a sigle page it seems to come out fine, but whemn I add a second page and duplex it it adds the color bars. Then I can't use that document again because it continues to add them...very strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are your versions of InDesign and the operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 (old) windows 10...but it is going through a fiery on my printer and I think that is where I have narrowed down the problem. I believe the driver is the culprit. I have found that I can put the pdf file on a thumb drive and take it directly over to the fiery, import it and then it prints fine.

The techs came yesterday and stripped my fiery down and reloaded the software but because it is such an old operating system they could not install the updates that it had, then they deleted the driver on my computer and re-added it. I am starting to think that it has to do with the driver not being able to be updated and the communication coming from my program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have an older system but was able to remove the color bar but can't seem to get rid of the slug box he was referring to on the prints...now another mystery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video did help, but in my case only solved part of the problem....had to get a tech to call and found I needed a different driver....thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to thank everyone for taking the time to give me some help, I managed to get rid of the color bar, it was actually in the fiery settings but there is still the slug/job info box showing up and I can't seem to find a setting to get rid of that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will help:

https://youtu.be/0HsgeqNvIX4?si=C5e3tAU0BjFW6ooG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same video that Mike Witherall posted and it did help, but in my case only solved part of the problem....had to get a tech to call and found I needed a different driver....thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines