• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbering sequentially on only the right side page of a book?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the whole message before answering!

I'm putting together a logbook and want to sequentially number only the right side page, BUT, I don't want the right side to only be odd or even numbers. I want the left side pages to NOT be counted at all. I want the first right side page to be 1, the next right side page to be 2, the third right side page 3, so on and so forth. I haven't been able to find any way of doing this and have 200+ pages that need to be numbered. Please advise!

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is what you mean:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/consecutive-numbers-on-odd-pages-only/m-p/11648348

Just re-read my post and I forgot to mention that you will want to delete the frame on the pasteboard to get the first number to go into the frame on page 1. Do this step last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First off, thank you for your response. Second. I tried each suggestion on the link you sent. I couldn't get them to work. Considering it took two days to write my question, get a response, and then try out the response, I simple took 10-15 minutes and copy and pasted in place a bunch of text boxes with page numbers and changed the page number 100 times. Not fancy. 100% enefficient, like so many other features of Indesign if you're using it with tables and used to working with Excel, but it got the job done... Fingers crossed once I'm completely done with my project I won't ever have to use InDesign again. That or they find someone there who's used Excel before, is good with it, and incorporates all the basics about Excel into InDesign.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines