• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object Alignment Guides Don't Show Off Page.

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use incorrect terminology please bear with me, I am not a professional graphic designer, I am a completely self-taught novice, I know nothing, lol. 

I am using InDesign CC and I have been looking for an answer to this for a while but never have come across anything helpful. I don't know what they are actually called, but I am looking for a way to make the guides that appear when an object is alligned to another object, show up when you are off the page area.

For example: 

I can see that this triangle is centered inside this circle, even though neither is centered inside the page, because these guides show me where one object is aligned in relation to another.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the forum is having an issue with the images I tried to add to this post. Here is the first image, let's see if it will let me add it as a reply...

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that this triangle is alligned with the center of this circle because the guides show me how objects are alligned in relation to oneanother. But if I move these two objects off of the page and onto the pasteboard...

image.png

It no longer shows them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ina,

that's the way this feature works: Only on document pages and masters.

Not on the pasteboard.

You could do a feature modification request:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/

After you do this please come back and post the link so that we can vote for it.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines