• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online Content Editing

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a "what's new" when I launched inDesign that said "Online Content Editing".  I am very interested in this, but am unable to click the link and googling it turns up no results from adobe's domain.

Does anyone know where I can find more information on this? It would be a lifesaver.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

I just installed 19.1 version which arrived yesterday and can't see that message.

I know that an alpha or beta grouip has been working on such a feature but I don't believe it's available to the public yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 100% up on the status of this, but it's been a long-promised feature that's been stuck in development for (at least) most of the last year. I'm not sure what version showed you this notice, but I'm betting it's a beta version, because I'm pretty sure it's not in the most current release of 19.1, nor is there any promise about it being available very soon.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's odd, it's is coming from my 19.1 indesign; I don't have a beta version installed. 

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 10.07.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have 19.1 yet, so can't say, but I am pretty sure it was not slated to roll out yet (although it has a huge waiting user base, from all the comments). Unless someone with better knowledge can say it's in 19.1, I'd guess it's just an update slide included by mistake.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed 19.1 version which arrived yesterday and can't see that message.

I know that an alpha or beta grouip has been working on such a feature but I don't believe it's available to the public yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you posted I see this message too on 19.3 version, was excited until I clicked on the link and it went no where. I can't find anything online either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you posted I see this message too on 19.3 version, was excited until I clicked on the link and it went no where. I can't find anything online either.

By @T.D. Wright

What online editing capabilities would you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find anything online either.

This is from 2020:

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/10/20/adobe-indesign-online-copy-editing-coming-2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't find anything online either.

This is from 2020:

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/10/20/adobe-indesign-online-copy-editing-coming-2021

By @rob day

This only mentiones Text Editing...

I've done this 15 years ago - 2009 - for a project for STANLEY to do product catalogues online - 10x languages including Cyrillic, each coutry had its own texts/database placed on a dedicated Layer - so when printing, only black plate would have to be changed - CMY could be printed in bulk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines