Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OTF font Gotham reports as T1 in Acrobat Pro preflight

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This is my first post here so apologies if I am not clear enough.

My PC Indesign using client installed Gotham OTF on their machine and I did the same on my Mac using the same file.

I create a document and InDesign reports that there are no T1 fonts present in the document.

If I then make a PDF and preflight it in Acrobat Pro it says Gotham is a T1 font.

The same thing occurs if he creates the PDF on his PC.

I need to be able to place his PDF's into a layout and as  T1 fonts will not be supported from Jan '23 I am concerened that I will have issues.

Does anybody have any advice on this please?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really worry about it - create outlines in Acrobat for text with that font. 

I don't think so that you will have a problem with placed PDF. 

>> from Jan '23 I am concerened that I will have issues.

Issues with type text with that font, not with "render" of placed PDF.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, creating outlines is not an option as I often have to do minor edits to my client's PDF's. He also has to supply 100's of pages for some publications. I create 50 ads for the publication and then have to place the ads into a master document. All of the ads report no T1 fonts in InDesign but many of the PDF's produced report T1 fonts in AcrobatPro Preflight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry. OTF are eiither T1 or TT fonts. OTF will work further. Take them. In Acrobat you see which kind of font is packaged, but this causes not a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to find another version of this font or similar that not have such behaviour. This is will be more faster than asking support of Acrobat Pro creators why this happens.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating outlines is not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines