• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

page break to clear all text⁸

Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use page breaks on a page where I am inserting a full page photo. I make sure the text0 wrap is set for t0he photo, but if it does not fill my master text box space completly some text is there. 

Is there a better way than using tge page break?

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Any text boxes that you want to have on that page should have Ignore Text Wrap applied to them

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could put an empty full-page frame with text wrap on your photo page behind the photo. You could even set up a Master Page with the empty frame, and apply it to any page that has a full-page photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a try, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the empty page master have to be dtsconnected from the other pages? Ie. unthreaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having brain freeze. I can't find the way to add text wrap to the text box on my master. Is it under text frame options? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not use a text frame - a plain unassigned frame would be best. That way, threading is a non-issue.

Text wrap would be assigned the same way you assigned it to your photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried that. I made a child master with a rectangle the full page sixe and applied the text wrap. But when I apply the master some caption boxes disappear.  Do I have to have applied the master before I add images and captions? I tried shrinking the caption box but it still disappears when I apply the master.

Funny thing is the boxes that are linked to a photo remain. But then I still can't have a text box that is on its own. I must be c.ose, and yet so far. I have 400 pgs so want to use styles and masters when I  can.

Thanks for helping me get this far, any idea what is wrong now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any text boxes that you want to have on that page should have Ignore Text Wrap applied to them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SJRiegel, that was exactly what I needed. I've got that part working now, very glad of the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines