Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page range missing while generating index - word flow

Explorer ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts,

We are currently working on a project which is a word flow. The supplied word manuscripts has index terms. The index terms are loaded correctly into the InDesign document. But when we generate the index list the page ranges are not getting generated though page range is set in the word manuscripts.

My understanding is in word document when an index term is added there is an option to give the page range. But the page range is meant for the typeset version of the word doc. It may not be the same when doc is loaded to an InDesign file. Please correct me if I'm wrong? Also, is there any alternate work around for this?

I'm attaching a sample InDesign application and the word document just in case needed.

Regards

Augustine

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ekran Resmi 2023-07-01 02.21.03.png

 have you tried more options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign can't pick up page ranges automatically because, as you noted, page numbering in the Word document isn't the same as page numbering in the layout. Where you need page range entries, you'll have to update them manually. This article on CreativePro should give you what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines