• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph spacing before and after

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign 2017 and have a bullet list. Then I have a basic paragraph after that. I have paragraph spacing set up to 0.0625 before and after in the paragraph style, but when I want to decrease the spacing to make something fit, it will not change. I do this in the control panel so I don't change the style itself, just in this instance. I don't have anything aligned to baseline grid.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that the option in the paragraph style that could influence this has already been checked (as highlighted in green in my screenshot) but is a separate value also set for paragraph styles of the same value (as highlighted in yellow in my screenshot)? The answer may lie here, but are you able to provide a screenshot to make sure that the issue that is being experienced is what I think it is?Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 23.06.57.png

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SpaceBetween is no CC 2017 nor 2018 feature 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont know whats the units default of your country, but if 0,0625 is millimeter (like in germany), its a jiffy before 'nothing'.

Would your visuals reflect that, if you change/try a higher value?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just confirming that, in addition to baseline grid settings in the paragraph, the text frame is not using any baseline grid?

Screenshot 2020-03-18 09.37.54.png

Also, if there is any text wrap involved, make sure that Preferences > Composition > Text Wrap > Skip by Leading is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines