Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Plugin 2022 with Xcode 12.3

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

as every year I'm trying to compile my Indesign plug-in for the new version (Indsign 2022). I've copied the project from 2021, changed the config to point the new SDK , and then I've checked the Porting Guide to verify everything is ok. I used Mac os X 10.15.7 and Xcode 12.3 as requested in the Porting Guide. I'm used to do this steps every year and normally everything is ok but this time the plugin compiles fine but is not recognized by Indesign 2022.

Moreover when I try to notarize it with:
codesign --sign "Developer ID Application: <Developer Name>" --verbose=4 --deep --force --strict MyPlugin.InDesignPlugin

I got this error:
'bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable'

I since and don't get any specific error in Xcode I don't know what I should do to fix the problem.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

Massimo

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE

I've compared the working compiled plug-in of CC 21 (Xcode 11) with the not working CC22 version (Xcode 12) and I noticed that in 21 version there are some symlink in the MyPlugIn.IndesignPlugin folder that are missing in 22 version.

So I've manually created those symlinks in MyPlugIn.IndesignPlugin folder for CC 22 and now Indesign 2022 is accepting the plugin!

The symlink to create are

1.  in MyPlugIn.IndesignPlugin/Versions folder create a symlink 'Current' --> 'A'
  2.  in MyPlugIn.IndesignPlugin create 2 symlink 'MyPlugIn' --> 'Versions/Current/MyPlugIn' and 'Resources' --> 'Versions/Current/Resources'

Do you know the setting in Xcode 12 to automatically create those symlinks?
Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines