Poor vision

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Monterey, version 12.7.3

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch)

Indesign 19.2

Due to recent decline in my vision, I need larger access to my tools & pages in Indesign.  What surprises me it is very expensive software that we have to rent and be indentured (if you want current advantages)  for the whole time we are graphic designers.

Is there isn't something in place for visual accessibility? Is this something you can address in the next version or is there something hidden on the software that I haven't found?  A Boomer thanks you.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually taking a break from looking for my misplaced glasses! Fortunately I have already set my phone up for increased font size when I can't find my glasses 🤓

The setting you are looking for can be found in Edit -> Preferences -> User Interface Scaling.  (If you are on a Mac, I think it is InDesign -> Preferences -> User Interface Scaling.) You can use the slider to increase the size of the interface, but it won't take effect until you restart InDesign 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @GertFrobe:

I want to point out that in the same dialog box you can also increase the size of the anchor points, sizing handles and bounding box visual aids independently of the the UI scaling. When I'm teaching how to use the Direct Selection tool it is impossible for my students to see the tiny anchor points on my screen to figure out if an anchor point is selected, or not. Making them larger is invaluable in that situation.

Note that in my demo below I jumped from Small to Large and skipped the two intermediate steps. There are four choices—I'm just showing the two extrememes. 

~Barb

2024-02-18_10-20-46 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines