• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preferences won't stick

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced a crash on my Mac. Once I restarted inDesign, my preferences reset to factory presets. Now, even though I change preferences — background color, startup screen, smart guides, don't show overflow text warning, turn off preflight, etc. — all of these things reset every time I either restart indesign or have a crash. I have tried restarting while deleting the preference file on startup.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling and reinstalling in the following manner:

In the app section of your Creative Cloud desktop app click on the “V” next to the app’s (InDesign) name and choose the “Uninstall” option from the pull-down menu that appears. After you’ve run the uninstall then use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  . Then reinstall the program through the Desktop app. Before you reinstall, once again trash all preference files to make sure that your install is completely clean. Then launch InDesign and see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to check that when you are making all of these changes to the preferences and defaults that you are doing so with no documents open. If not, you are merely changing the settings for whatever file you have open at the time.

Viewing many of the settings without a document open is harder these days now that InDesign shows the "Start Workspace" by default. This is easily turned off via the first option in the General section of the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it is definitely not a matter of mistakenly tying preferences to a particular document. I can change preferences and they will remain in place across documents until or unless I have to restart inDesign, then they completely reset. I'm really hoping someone can point me to a set of preferences beyond the startup prefs I might erase and clean up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third-party plug-ins installed with your InDesign? If so try disabling them and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are extremely sorry to hear about this issue. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed by the complete reinstallation using the cleaner tool. If not, please check how the application works in a different user account or Root account (How to enable the root user on your Mac or change your root password - Apple Support ). You can also reach us for a live troubleshooting session at www.adobe.com.

In case you need any help while initiating chat please refer to this link:How to initiate chat with Adobe Support?

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We’re here to help!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines