• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print an InDesign file with pdf links

Participant ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening, Since I changed my Mac, when I print an InDesign file who contains text-pdf linked files, this pdf is printed as a picture : the contour of the text is not clear, while the InDesign text is clear.

Printer is Sharp MX-2614 (laser).

Thank you by forehand,

Koenraad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

I assume you are not printing directly from InDesign but from a PDF.

How are you creating your PDF from your InDesign document, I mean are you using one of the Acrobat PDF presets that comes with InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. InDesign 2019, OS 10.14.6 (for the old Mac as well as the new). Now, I did several tests : finally the results are the same with the old Mac and with the new (excuse me for this change of precision) : printed directly from InDesign > bad result ; printed from a new PDF created with Indesign (including the first PDF linked file) and opened with Aperçu or Acrobat : good result. The first PDF linked was created by Sibelius or Dorico. Thank you by forehand. This issue is for me a mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eureka ! After a lot of tests, I found the solution : In the print window of InDesign>Color options, choose Allow the Postscript printer adjust the colors. Thank you once again for your help.Capture d’écran 2019-09-30 à 14.40.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very likely you have not restored those linked pdf files. Please open the the Links panel (Cmd+Shift+D) and check if the linked pdfs  or other files need to update or relink. Do they have a warning (yellow triangle) or a missing (red circle) icon at the right side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't forget to restore the linked pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precision : the final "bad" result is not so bad than when you print without restoring the link. It looks more like an image printed with the three colors instead of being printed with black alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines