Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing very dark, newbie

New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm new to InDesign, I'm using version 18.2.1 x64.

With a Ricoh MPC2011 printer.

My design is printing super dark:

20230512094043549.jpgFrom PDF_Page_1.jpg

I've tried exporting to PDF first, which gives the same results.

I've switched between RGB and CMYK in inDesign with no difference.

Screenshot 2023-05-12 095006.png

Sorry if I left out importent info, I'm new.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rob day Will eat me for this 😄 

But I think it's because you're assigning profiles rather than Converting to Profile. 
But Rob is an expert in this sort of trouble shooting and I don't want to sully the waters with my shortcuts to the answers and quick workarounds.

There's probably a lot to investigate here to sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will eat me for this 

Never 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've switched between RGB and CMYK in inDesign with no difference.

Hi @Deon28419597dmet , InDesign doesn’t have a document color space, the objects on a page can be a mixture of CMYK, Lab, or RGB color spaces. Composite printer typically want RGB color—the print driver makes the conversion to the print space. When you export the PDF, have you tried converting the color to a uniform RGB space? Set your Export>Output tab to something like this:

Screen Shot 50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your Ricoh is a PDF Direct/optionally Postscript capable Printer, and has many setting related to Color Profiles. You need to check your printer settings when printing from Acrobat, especially those for ColorSync (if on a Mac, it should allow you to pick the proper profile for your Ricoh), and also one called CMYK Simulation. make sure these are set appropriately and are not "off".

You can submit PDF files directly without having to "print" them from Acrobat, either through its web interface or off a USB stick... have you tried that?

Make a PDF with NO color conversion first, then submit one of those and see if it makes a difference. If it comes out the same, then there's definitely an incorrect setting in your Acrobat print dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines