• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I have been having problems with ID for a few days now. When I open a file the program closes immediately, I have to uninstall and install the application again. I have the latest version of ID. What can be the problem?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem, didn't figure out yet what's the problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roll back to the previous version. Many people are crashing on Apple OS.

From the Creative Cloud management program, select the  ... to the right of the Open button, and select Other versions.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @denise31975315vewc ,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. As suggested by other members, if you have macOS we've had similar cases where the issue was resolved by performing an OS update. Please update your OS and inform us if this resolves the problem or if you need further assistance. We'd also appreciate it if you could share the system logs for investigation.

Thank you,
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Reset Preferences,

- Use CC Cleaner tool to completely remove CC,

- Install older version of CC

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshoo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @denise31975315vewc ,

seen that today on a colleague's mac as well. Out of the blue InDesign 2023 version 18.5 could not start up.

He went back to version 18.3 and all is well now. The other option would have been to update the operating system to macOS 13.5.1. But this step would perhaps affect other installed apps as well; for the good or the bad. So for now he is running InDesign 2023 with 18.3 and all is working as expected.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines