Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online privately?

Participant ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Who's gonna be able to find / see my presentations/drafts/etc I share to my collegues through Publish Online?

I don't wanna anyone to find documents – any other than to whom I share the specific link to the file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane and Bob stated it well, and anything further will probably just be a tennis match of comments back and forth.

Publish Online projects are not easily discoverable because of the long URL, but there isn't any security to keep anyone out of the content. If it's something that needs that level of security, Publish Online is not the avenue to take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online projects are not easily discoverable because of the long URL, but there isn't any security to keep anyone out of the content. If it's something that needs that level of security, Publish Online is not the avenue to take.

Whether documents are accessible

A) only to the URL holders (like Dropbox links by default) or

B) to the URL holders AND to someone who may in a circumstance end up to the document by accident,

is whole different world.

####

Adobe should definitely communicate better of the limitations of Publish Online in various scenarios.

With ambiguity around a functionality of a feature, it's impossible for business customers to estimate to which purposes a feature is suitable and to which it is not in their particular use cases, while business users need and want utilize the potential of features to the max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start by reading the Publish Online FAQ. You just need to do a little research before assuming how something should work:

Publish Online FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To go back to your question you can create a private interactive webapp or app using the plug-in: in5 for example, or if your budget is big enough please look at AEM (previously named dps)

Good luck.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines