Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick help

Guide ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Need a quick clarification. I need to get the data from my google sheet to Indesign. I meant the live updates.

I know we have DocsFlow plugin, but it is too costly for me. Is there anything we can do?

Thanks,

K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

I don't know of any way to that, unfortunately. I was going to suggest placing from your synced local Google Drive folder, but the only time ID will recognize those .gdoc files is if you have the DocsFlow plugin installed. Otherwise they're an unknown file type.

You could of course export files from Google Docs as RTF or Word docs or something, but then you lose the Live aspect.

I use DocsFlow for various projects and it has saved me WEEKS of time, and made the clients very happy, all of which tr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any way to that, unfortunately. I was going to suggest placing from your synced local Google Drive folder, but the only time ID will recognize those .gdoc files is if you have the DocsFlow plugin installed. Otherwise they're an unknown file type.

You could of course export files from Google Docs as RTF or Word docs or something, but then you lose the Live aspect.

I use DocsFlow for various projects and it has saved me WEEKS of time, and made the clients very happy, all of which translates to dollars in my pocket (and the client's, too; as not using live linked GoogleDocs would've resulted in a higher project cost for them).

If at all possible, use the plugin.

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks AM and BobLevine for your valuable suggestions. Except the Live aspect is there any other option we have like datamerge or linking the placed file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. You could switch to an InCopy workflow but without knowing exactly how things are done it's difficult to say whether or not that's going to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you need to figure out what it costs NOT to buy something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi tpk1982,

You may get some more plugin related help on our  InDesign SDK  forum.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines