• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Go to page" Button not supported anymore when exporting PDF? – October 2021 Update

Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a corporate presentation that needs to be exported as an Interactive PDF.
I've got the Index that needs to be interactive and take you to the corresponding pages, so I'm using the button "go to page" for each item... I also have a link to the index in every page of the presentation, in order to go navigate quickly through the document.

Until last week everything worked fine, but since Friday 22th it stopped working!
I wonder if I should directly change software (and use something like Keynote instead) because it seems that InDesign is more and more deficient for interactive PDF export.

Please help!
Thank you so much

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Feature request , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work – how are you viewing the PDF?

Are they simple hyperlinks?

For some kinds of presentations you may find Powerpoint might suit you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use this method it will work perfectly.

Highlight (select) a word or words or an image in your document and select Type > Hyperlinks & Cross-References, select LinkTo: Page and insert the page number you wish to link to.

Export as an Interactive PDF.

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 13.46.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derek, thank you so much for you answer! It actually works, but I also found another way to do it: I bookmarked the page I wanted to be linked to the buttons and then just added the action "go to target" -> bookmark
Sorry for my english, I hope everything is clear!
Thank you again,

Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. No. It should not work.

"Go To Page" is a feature for Fixed Layout EPUB and Publish Online only.

Instead add new hyperlink page targets in the Hyperlinks panel first and then point your button with a Go To Target action to a certain page target in the document.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My method will work -- try it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

the order of answers here is a bit wonky because of the indented replies.

My reply was meant as a reply for your first reply. Especially for that sentence:

"It should work – how are you viewing the PDF?"

It was not meant for your detailed reply later showing a solution with hyperlinks.

That of course will work.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines