• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording a script

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I record a series of steps in InDesign and have them saved as a script?

I do this in Excel all the time and it's a great way to create at least the starting point for a script that may need some tweaking, but at least it's a good starting point.

I found a Rorohiko ActionRecorder that isn't supported anymore.  Surely there's a tool to do this function.

Thanks!

Urban

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But possible in Photoshop, so all Adobe have to do is offer a “ScriptingListener” plug-in for InDesgin (and Illustrator). Why not just add actions to InDesign (they work well in Photoshop and not so well in Illustrator), instead of expecting users to tackle scripting? Yes, I know that the script code created by ScriptingListener is verbose/obscurified etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because InDesign is a very different beast. The scripting support is the best, but it's not architectured well for action recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines