• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

resizing book panel

Advisor ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IDD 15.1.3, Windows 7.0 on corporate life-support …

When I open an InDesign book file, the panel displays nine components and a scroll bar. But the book I'm working on at the moment has 13 components, so it's a lot more comfortable to be able to see all of them. I can, of course, drag the bottom border: but this isn't "sticky", so I have to do the same thing every time I open the book. No option somewhere to fix the size of this panel?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Hi FieryPantone,

I don't think that's possible.

If the Book panel would be a "normal" one, like the Scripts panel for example, one should be able to save position and size with a custom workspace. Unfortunately this is not the case.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FieryPantone,

I don't think that's possible.

If the Book panel would be a "normal" one, like the Scripts panel for example, one should be able to save position and size with a custom workspace. Unfortunately this is not the case.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could vote for this:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39816382-the-book-panel...

However, I don't think this would change anything. Here the reply from Ravi Kiran:

Ravi Kiran (Senior Lead Quality Engineer, Adobe InDesign), Nov 9, 2020

Book panel is a special type of panel that is always associated with the .INDB file – unlike other panels where there is no actual association with a file on disk. The panel also shows the name of the Book file. If that INDB file is deleted, then the panel does not have any meaning.
Only when the Book file is opened is the Book panel available. So it can’t be part of a workspace & thus its size and location also can’t be fixed as there could be multiple Book files that can be opened simultaneously.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with this request. Also the panel opens up centered on the screen, which means I need to move it every time. Even if it couldn't be docked automatically, maybe there could be an option to open it in a corner instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines