• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing my page won't work in InDesign

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a template for my project, but the template was 70x100 cm. Since my project needs to be 100x150 cm, I wanted to resize the pages. I can manually resize them using the page tool, but then it doesn't get accurate enough. I've tried to change the document layout, and yes, it does claim I've succeeded. But only the workspace got larger. The page sizes didn't change.

I want to be able to resize my project, with the content scaling up to fit. But why doesn't Document Layout work? Does it have something to do with the template I downloaded, or the Master Page settings?

MayBritt29029651i8gm_0-1679648124157.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to the File>Document Setup menu command and manually upsize your pages to 100x150 cm the document pages don't get larger? That's not my experience. If you haven't given that a try, give that a shot and let us know what's happening.

Also, with your page layout and tight grid, I suspect you'll have to be resizing your document judiciously — and manually — to maintain fidelity to your existing layout.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resizing in InDesign, even with the new Adjust Layout feature, is somewhat touch and go, and doesn't usually work very well.

You could try my (not free) https://www.id-extras.com/products/quickresize/ â†’ it usually does a perfect job. There's a free trial version to play around with and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines