• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Return key does not start a new paragraph

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We JUST go Adobe CC on our computers at work (and new Macs, running Mojave), and I'm discovering lots of little issues. My biggest one right now is that the return key does not start a new paragraph within the same text box (InDesign); instead it acts like the enter key on the numeric keypad (I'm using my old keyboard instead of the new one that came with new Mac). I feel very certain it has something to do with preferences, but I don't know exactly what I should be looking for and what I should be doing! HELP! Our IT department knows nothing about Macs or our software. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made sure another key is not stuck on the keyboard.

Have you tried on another computer or swapping keyboards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently old keyboards have issues with Mojave.

This is just one post I found on a quick Google search:

External keyboard problems with mojave | MacRumors Forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we tried another keyboard and no keys are stuck. Thank you for the response and for the MacRumors Forums link. I'm going to go through that on Monday and see what it says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the keyboards you tried older keyboards with an "fn"(function) key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a newer keyboard with the fn key. Maybe me switching between keyboards had the computer messed up. When we got the new Macs, I used the new keyboard that came with it but did not like its layout (and wanted my keypad back!), so I switched it out. Maybe the computer is just not talking to my old keyboard yet. I'm going to shut the computer down for the weekend and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ryanv70452408​

When you turn your computer on again, quickly check in Type > Insert Break Character to see if any shortcuts were assigned to Paragraph Return

• You can change them in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts > Insert Break Character:

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines