• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right way to change RBG palette to CMYK

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say i want to change the color ##7862AC to a CMYK variant. 
When use one of the thousand online converter tools i get this : 30.23%, 43.02%, 0%, 32.55%

But.. when i change it in Indesign by  swatches-> swatch options -> colourmode "CMYK" i get: 65%, 68%, 3%, 3%) 

Which method is right? (the Indesign version has less colour difference (on screen).

thnx

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything depends on the CMYK profile, which heavily depends on the paper the job will be printed on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah but i just dont get why Indesign has another CMYK output code then the online converters..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The online converters have normally no color management or color profile. The use an old and now wrong method. The correct conversion uses the color management. The color management gets different results when a different output color profile is needed (and also if a different RGB profile is given).

All Adobe print applications use the Adobe Color Engine. THerefore it is recommended to use RGB images with color profile in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thnx, but this is not an image. But a simple square with a fillcolor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thnx, but this is not an image. But a simple square with a fillcolor.

By @davidd41233961

It doesn't matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines