Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Safe to use 2023? :)

Advocate ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Anyone using 2023 on medium/large projects yet?
I like getting rid of old versions, but I'm in between projects this week & about to start a 130-ish page book next week... I'd like to go with 2023 if there are no big issues.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only flaw I've encountered is a bug with EPUB export that causes validation errors but does not in any way actually interfere with book display or reading.

I've worked on some large legacy projects in 2023 and encountered no problems. Most of the complaints seem to focus on UI issues, or glitches from updating (having to reset preferences, etc.) but not actual program functionality.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. Good to know. I may keep the last 2022 release around for a bit. I need a bigger hard drive...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've rolled back to InDesign 2022 on both our Macs and Windows workstations. Too unstable, too many crashes — one that corrupted the file. Luckily we back up throughout the day.

There have been numerous issues when exporting to both print and interactive PDFs, as well as to EPUBs and InDesign's Publish It Now utility.

Our studio policy:

1. Never allow InDesign to remove previous versions when it installs the newest.
  2. Wait until the first bug-update in January or February to use the new version.

That policy has kept us running smoothly for a few years.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bevi. Very helpful info. I can wait, since the new features aren't anything I was specifically waiting for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines