Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script for change font InDesign CS4

Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a new project and material came from PC/InDesign. Therefore fonts used on their platform are Type 1. I use OTF on MAC, and changing all fonts manually in 150 pages is insane

Tried several scripts and none of them help. There is one that change missing fonts, but this is not best solution since i need some families to swap. And in this script still stay some of the main family replacements intouched, so there is still missing font :/.

I also try FindChangeByList but mine line didnt work out

text {findWhat:"Interstate (T1)"} {changeTo:"Interstate"} {include footnotes:true, include master pages:true, include hidden layers:true, whole word:false}

Anyone have solution for this? Or script for change font when i open up new page in indesign?
Janko Samo

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Have you tried Type -> Find Font and then to find/change missing fonts?

tomaxxi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well this manual clicking works for me every time I sead i need a script to change buch of Type 1 fonts to OTF. Thx anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2010 Oct 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I hit "find first" InDesign crashes...any thoughts on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2010 Oct 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash is probably the result of a Postscript error. Clean your document of extraneous fonts and make sure you are not running any MM fonts.

To the original poster, you can replace all of the T1 fonts by using Type>Find Font utility built into InDesign. You don't need a script or to go through manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need a script that would change the fonts in multiple files. I usually have 50 to 120 files to work at once and need to change all the fonts. I use search replace in all files, but this won't change the style definition and is time consuming as I have about 5 font families to replace.

Is there a way to script the font change? Any idea / incomplete solutions is appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could update the fonts/styles in one file, create a book and load all of the files you need to update into that book. Then apply the updated styles to the all the files at once.

http://indesignsecrets.com/synchronize-multiple-indesign-documents.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the menu "Type" then go to "Find Font . . ." you can replace the missing font with one from your computer. If you check the box at the bottom, "Redefine Syle When Changing All" it will update the style definition (for any character or paragraph style that uses the missing fonts that get replaced), eliminating a lot of manual work or searching around.

Can't say for sure if this works before CS5. I know it says CS4 for the thread but it's worth checking/trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was doing this one year nmgrant176

For one magazine i get aprox 20-30 files and I am replacing fonts threw one template file. When i was doing replacing fonts manually i had to replace 20-30 fonts now multiply this numbers x4 for clicking and u got minimum 20204 clicks. wow cute number 3:) its nice and  i have 3 project like this.

I am doing more than a year replacement threw one template file and replacing in indesign book, but still some manual clicking have to be done and also i got some styles mixed because designers sometimes redefine styles.

So still in a search for such script to solve my issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI ..just found the script that you wanted to have...

http://www.wapkidclub.com/2013/09/indesign-free-scripts-change-fonts-add.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines