Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search ignoring certain text frames?

Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a book of daily meditations whose dates for each day are in anchored text frames. I need to do a search and replace on these, but Search ignores them. The main copy on each page is in a Primary Text Frame.

Even if I un-anchor the frames, Search still completely misses them.

I have removed all search parameters and am performing the most basic text search.

If anyone has any ideas about what might be happening here I'd be grateful, as I'm at a loss to explain why this most basic function should be behaving in this seemingly broken manner.

I've created a blank file with a Primary Text Frame on the Parent Page, and several text frames including a PTF on the page itself, and it is able to search in all text fields without any problems, but as soon as I anchor one of the text frames, Search is not able to search in all the text frames any longer, so either this is a bug or a bizarre design decision!

I'm on 16.4 on Windows 10.

Many thanks
Richard

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, you'll have to show us some screenshots and/or a sample document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be obvious but have you confirmed the scope of the search is the entire document, rather than selected text or the current story?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @Scott Falkner suggests, double check that you Searching the Document and not the Story:

Screen Shot 17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines