• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting button hierarchy in InDesign...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I set a group of buttons to be beneath a parent button? I would like a set of interactive buttons (once exported to PDF) to be choice only, but beneath a higher button set to a different set of choices. (See image)BUttons.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would not be something you could drag and drop. You could possibly do it with some button scripting, but not through an if/then hierarchy in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would I find this scripting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is, Once the yes button is selected, (from 4 different products) I want the amount buttons below it to only apply to that product, which, right now, there's no clear way to do that. There's gotta be a way, considering that's kind of a basic function of forms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visit the Acrobat forms forum. None of this can be done in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/JC+Montesquieu  wrote

My issue is, Once the yes button is selected, (from 4 different products) I want the amount buttons below it to only apply to that product, which, right now, there's no clear way to do that. There's gotta be a way, considering that's kind of a basic function of forms

Nope. It is not a basic function. Using logic trees to show and hide content based on selection is definitely beyond basic. Even in HTML forms you have to pay decent amounts for advanced forms that perform this kind of logical display.

-Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can do what you are asking via MSO. it would be a quiz that branches. but you will need to publish online or using IN5 not in interactive .pdf

see this:

Creating a quiz that branches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines