• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shapes made in InDesign show up with a box around them when I convert to ebook

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a graphic handbook for which there will be an ebook.

The bullet points are circles with a number inside and the outake quotes are larger circles with type inside.

When this is converted to an ebook as a fixed layout (because reflow just makes a disaster of the layout) there are square boxes around the circles. (This doesn't appear in the print pdf.) There are no effects on the circles - they are just a basic black % or they are white with a small rule. It seems to make no difference if they are grouped or not or whether there is a text wrap or not.

(The header in the ebook

How do I resolve this?

Thanks

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would also be an approach — a bit overkill, given that ID can draw circles, but it might open some design possibilities — but they would still have to go in graphics frames, which might exhibit the same flaw. It's very difficult to test things with actual KDP upload since there is no "test" option in between Kindle Previewer and actual upload to a live book listing.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That could be a solution. Let's see what happens. But I thank you for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines