• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for review files not visible in browser anymore

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible for clients to see my shared files anymore online. Not only the new shares files but also the files she already could see are not visible anymore.
Indesign has placed them online, becouse I can see them with my account.

Is there a way to fix this?

I am using Indesign 2021 (16.0.1)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

InDesign 17.1 is now being rolled out around the world in a phased release. You should see it within a week. It should solve many of the Share for Review issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue since last week.

I am able to upload a new document to the Share and Review site but my named users (members) can't see the direct link that's given to them, or able to see files in their 'Published' page on the Assets site. Also, rather interestingly, since December last year I can't access the Published section at all - I just get a 500 error, despite different browsers (and I'm not behind any proxies or firewalls).

If I set the access rights to 'public', the page will become visible but I'd prefer that people access the page via their Adobe accounts so that they can provide comments and then receive prompts via their emails from any follow up comments.

Not sure if @Sheena Kaul is able to provide any insight on this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for tagging me here. 

I'm following up with the engineers on this issue. 

Allow me sometime to update you.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a bit of a visual aid, here's my InDesign setup, what I see on the 'Published' page (Error 500) and what my colleague sees (no files, even though they are listed as a member)

In summary, I can view the direct link but no access to published files. My colleague can't access the direct link I supplied but can access the published files page - but with no content there:

share-for-review.jpg

my-published-files.jpgusers-files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me there is no internal server error, I can see the files. The members get the screen with the message "You have no shared items".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just received an update from the team that this is a known issue and they're already investigating it.  

I'm constantly monitoring the issue for any updates and will be updating this thread as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up @Sheena Kaul. Good to know that it's being looked into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the 20. January 2022 ... ant this issue is STILL here. 

My clients can't open the links. 

Where is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually I use a puplic link with no invitations and no passwort. I just get a link and I can share the link. This worked till yesterday. The link is not opening anymore. 

So I did some research and the only solution I found is that the viewer need the have an Adobe ID too! When you have an account and a Adobe ID then you are able to open the links as usual. 

But this is not the solution. It is just a work around and it should work too without Adobe ID. So there is an issue about the public ID or something like this. This need to be fixed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @simong82586243

Sorry for the trouble. We have tried to address this issue. Please check and let us know if it is working for you and your co-workers now or not.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 17.1 is now being rolled out around the world in a phased release. You should see it within a week. It should solve many of the Share for Review issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years later: Still not working....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you confirm if this is happening with a specific file or multiple files? Also, have you tested this on different browsers? Please share the version of InDesign & OS, we'll try our best to assist you with this.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines