• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift-Drag and Option Drag not working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign CC and my Shift-Drag to constrain in a direction has stopped working. Also my Option-Drag to duplicate has stopped working. Both work fine in Illustrator. Any help is appreciated....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

OK. So let me answer my own question. Firefox is the culprit. Sounds strange, but once I quit Firefox 23.0.1 these shortcuts started working again. Also note that the Cmd-Spacebar to toggle to the magnifying glass was not working. Now it is. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! Cap Prince. I turned WebRoot off this morning and it was definitely the culprit. I was so relieved. The IT group just installed it and I hadn't given it a second thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CORRECT...I eliminated Webroot (unfortunately had to) and now all proportion key strokes work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quitting Safari works for me. Everything goes back to normal, then you can reopen Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A coworker of mine figured out what was doing it to mine. it was 1Password, an app used for securely storing your passwords and which allows you to use a key command to enter them into forms. Quitting InDesign and that, and then restarting InDesign first, solved the issue.

Thereafter I was able to open either program first without effecting InDesign adversely.

So, I would say that likely, any of these other programs could be restarted after resolving the problem. It seems to be something the happens after an update/install for one of these effected programs. Something is happening during the assignment of keyboard shortcuts. To me, since this is involving so many different programs, it points to a fault in the Apple install architecture, that it would allow an installer to take over keys that are already assigned, without warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have an old version of 1Password. I've been using 1Password on my Mac for a couple years (latest version) with no such problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been using 1Password for years now (good program, by the way — pricey, but worth every penny). I'm using v6.3.1 (631006), and when I have it check for updates it says it's completely up-to-date. Weirdly, though, when I download the most current version from their website (v6) and drag it into my apps folder, it says, do you want to replace the old version with this new one (likely just because of the download date). Just for kicks, I went ahead and replaced and opened it, and it also shows v6.3.1 (631006).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me:

Removed Chrome extension for LastPass and restarted Chrome.

I think it might be the LastPass extension or others like it as another master password program was mentioned previously.

Problem gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, might be late to the party; i'm currently working on PS CC 2019 and had that issue, and while playing around and loosing my mind I realized this; pressing shift wouldn't constrain resizing as it's supposed to, it's actually the opposite now! Pressing shift allows you to free transform and when you leave it alone it constrain the drag.

Good luck everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helenea60951886  wrote

Hey everyone, might be late to the party; i'm currently working on PS CC 2019 and had that issue, and while playing around and loosing my mind I realized this; pressing shift wouldn't constrain resizing as it's supposed to, it's actually the opposite now! Pressing shift allows you to free transform and when you leave it alone it constrain the drag.

Good luck everyone!

That's a new feature with PhotoShop CC 2019 when using the Transform functionality.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just dropping a note here to say that I ran into the same issue with the latest versions of inDesign (14.0.1) and 1Password (7.2.4) and MacOS (Mojave 10.14.2).

Quitting1Password completely resolved the issue and then it was fine to reload it (no need to restart computer or InDesign).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and I don't have Firefox. Shift-Drag not working and Option-Drag not working. Very frustrating. Also, if I have a word with "il" it changes the text to another glyph. How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines