• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Styles plugin now not working in ID CC2018?

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody else here use the Woodwing Smart Styles plugin in InDesign CC2018? Does it work properly?

When it was first released last November it worked fine for me. Happily used it until about 3 weeks ago, when it wouldn't activate anymore and just remains greyed-out in the menu. It still works fine in CC2017 and earlier versions.

I've been on to Woodwing support but they have yet to find a solution for me. They say they are trying to get to the bottom of it.

I've tried deleting preferences, re-installing InDesign, disabling other plug-ins, but nothing seems to work. I use it quite a lot with tables on technical documents, so I have to use CC2017 at the moment.

I'm on a Mac, iOS 10.13.1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Rik Smit (WoodWing)

Feb 2, 15:08 CET

Hello Ron,

Our development team created a patch that might solve your activation issue. Would you be so kind to place the files (2) it into your Indesign 2018 >Plug-Ins>woodwing directory and check if the activation script we send you is working out for you. If you succeed we will be able to create a new build of our plug-in with our latest modifications. That one will also resolve the hidden about woodwing functionality.

Kind regards, Rik Smit.

Attachment(s)
WoodWing CC2018 1300 build_13.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to contact Woodwing for this, no one here on the user to user forum can solve this for you. I myself had problems with the installer that would not create the needed folders on my Mac and had to copy over folders from another Mac. Anyway, there is a CC 2018 version for SmartStyles, however there is a known bug with tables that will be solved somewhere the coming month. But these forums are not the place to be, it is Woodwing you need 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am in contact with them. Just wondered if anybody else had problems that's all. They gave me a link to a newer build that's not yet released but that hasn't worked either. They did mention that Adobe had done something to upset the installation, but I remain to be convinced on that as it was working for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with the new build today. Still no activation.

My story,

The DEMO worked fine on ID2018 and then I made the mistake of purchasing the plugin and it stopped working. It seems to be stuck in an expired demo loop. I have extensive time in with Woodwing support (2 hours) both online chat and through MAC desktop share software.  I am in the process of demanding a refund.

Here are a couple of emails from Woodwings

Hello Ron,

Your help is very much appreciated, with your help we  updated development and investigate what is causing this problem on your computer.

When there is more information we will update you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Alex de Lannee

Unfortunately this problem is still not completely solved because we can not recreate the same problem.

We do have a new build available, this might not immediately be the solution, so I want to temper your enthusiasm:

https://app.swivle.com/?r=eu-west-1&s=5FOkwNJ&t=woodwingsoftware

However this will provide with better logging, which will indicate what is going wrong in your case.

Can you install the build from the above link, and place the attached WWSettings.xml in the following directory:

/Library/Application Support/WoodWing/

(The WoodWing folder probably doesn't exist, so please create it and place the file in there)

When you restart Indesign and try to activate again it will write log messages in ~/Library/Application Support/WoodWing.noindex/

You should be able to open the following folder in Finder (use the menubar and select Go To Folder.... :

~/Library/Application Support/WoodWing.noindex/

This will contain the log files which will help us debug the activation problem, please send all files from the WoodWing.noindex folder as a reply to this ticket.

Looking forward to your response, thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Alex de Lannee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the same as happened to me, stuck in expired demo mode. Same responses from them too. It saves me so much time though, so loathe to cancel it. At least I can still use in CC2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

I am using it now... for tables, in 2017. I would rather be using the purchase in ID2018

RP

Notice required by law:

This email may constitute an advertisement or solicitation under

U.S. law. If you wish to opt out of receiving further email

messages from Applied Industrial Technologies, 3301 Euclid

Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44115, Please click on this link to unsubscribe.

http://pages.exacttarget.com/page.aspx?QS=773ed3059447707d44c6d829c87bec3c53bb6286f6cc799af168efc294b698fb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rik Smit (WoodWing)

Feb 2, 15:08 CET

Hello Ron,

Our development team created a patch that might solve your activation issue. Would you be so kind to place the files (2) it into your Indesign 2018 >Plug-Ins>woodwing directory and check if the activation script we send you is working out for you. If you succeed we will be able to create a new build of our plug-in with our latest modifications. That one will also resolve the hidden about woodwing functionality.

Kind regards, Rik Smit.

Attachment(s)
WoodWing CC2018 1300 build_13.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These plugins have solved the problem on my iMac with Smart Styles 2018...Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks Ron!

That has worked for me too on my iMac with Smart Styles 2018

They'll probably send me the same email as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines