• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swatch list in document is not replicated in the swatch list that appears in "Find/Replace object"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Swatch list in my Indesign document is not replicated in the swatch list that appears in "Find/Replace object" in the same document. The main swatch list has named colours in it, but those names do not appear in the "Find/Replace object" swatch list. Surely the lists should be exactly the same. How do I fix this, or is it a bug?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

It’s working for me in 16.4.  Have you tried deleting your Caches folder, and if that doesn’t work reset Prefs?

Screen Shot 25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s working for me in 16.4.  Have you tried deleting your Caches folder, and if that doesn’t work reset Prefs?

Screen Shot 25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Clearing the caches folder worked a treat. Thank you so much! 

Incidentally, how do I find out the 'version number' (like yours is 16.4) for my copy of Indesign (which is Indesign 2022)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob,

In Windows I found I had to go to the Help menu, and "About Indesign" was there. It turns out my version is 17.1 x64.

I live and learn!!

Les K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Les,

just see also into the latest bug fix version of InDesign 2022 which is version 17.3.0.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines