Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Fond StixSize not working correctly

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together,
for our projects we use for math formulas the system fond Stix. It is a huge font-family that also has the font called StixSizeSym in regular and bold. In the newest InDesign Version 17.2.1 the regular type is not working anymore. It shows that the font is missing. 
I've tried deinstalling InDesign and installing it again without any presets but it didnt work ether. I checked older Versions like Indesign 2021 and there it is working. So i deinstalled Indesign Version 17.2.1 again and installed Version 17.0. In 17.0 it seems to work. Do you have any guesses what the problem could be? Or is it a bug? I'm afraid that i have the problem in futur in newer versions aswell.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never waste your time with a such problems!

>> I checked older Versions like Indesign 2021 and there it is working.

Use it old version! Just don't forget to talk with Adobe Support Chat about it and add bug on indesign.uservoice.com 

>> our projects we use for math formulas

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/32805088-ma... - Adobe engineers already 4+ years ignore this TOP-2 request (just this request, I'm not saying about decades of years of another such requests), only you can do - add voice to this request. And maybe in a galaxy far far away their conscience torment them and Adobe will add formula-redactor inside InDesign.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried it in the private InDesign/Fonts folder? Have you tried it in a document fonts folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines