• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Collabration Indesign 2022

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello a text collaboration /review feature has been announced on the adobe max 2021. Is it already available or still in beta? (not talking about incopy but collaboration with writers without indesign)

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That preview at Max is not available, but InDesign already has strong collaboration built into it in 2 ways:

Share for Review (which has the writers using the web browser only)

and even better, if your writers have Acrobat:

PDF Commenting

I recently wrote a 40 page comprehensive report on the breadth of both of these features:

https://trainingonsite.com/useful-resources/indesign-2022-resources.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>even better, if your writers have Acrobat

Just to clarify, Acrobat Reader is all the writers need if they don't have Pro. (Mike mentions this on the linked webpage.)

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i know the way of commenting via pdf (i layout a page, i write a pdf and send it to my client, who comments on it with sort of "notes") Is your given way other to this? Because on this way i have to copy the new text input into my existing document. I had the hope that with the new collaboration method the writer himself could make the changes – very usefull for example, if a text is too long and major changes have to be done. And the text would be automaticalle be updated in the indesigndocument…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Because on this way i have to copy the new text input into my existing document."

yes, if they insist on using comment boxes. If they use the typographic editing comments, you can view them, accept/reject, and automatically update the INDD. I would call this "the writer making the changes", and this has been available for a few years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi annej64116338,

join InDesign Prerelease to learn more:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/C6DFA254-C40C-4EEB-8F6D-F4AEDA2E6171/join

Source:

How to Join Creative Cloud Prerelease Programs
Erin Finnegan, Oct 18, 2019, UPDATE July 24th, 2020
https://medium.com/adobetech/how-to-join-creative-cloud-prerelease-programs-ccecc10ae7d3

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top secret is that only 3 commenting tools can auto-edit back into InDesign. You train your writers to use these 3 commenting tools primarily. And yes, any Acrobat including Reader.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines