Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Entry Field and Tab Order

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.  I am not a Pro by any chance so need help in a simple form!
(1) We have an InDesign Newsletter that generates a PDF.  The Text entry field: how do I pass the value of that field to the link on the Unsubscribe button?
(2) The Tab order is all messed up - should be right to left, top to bottom.  I have set it that way thru Articles panel but doesn't work.  Object->Interactive->Set Tab Order shows only two text fields and none of the other icons or links with links behind them.
Any help is much appreciated.  TIA!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue 1: I don't think there is anyway for data captured in a PDF form field to travel to a website or email service's unsubscribe utlity.

Issue 2: Tab order only works with form fields, not buttons or links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification but that raises a couple of questions:
(1) Can the PDF form field data be sent to an email address?  How?
(2) Right now, all the icons, buttons, and data fields are part of the tab order but in a very hap hazard manner.  They are all added to the Articles and one can actually tab thru them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(1) Yes, you would create a button with a Submit action, and for the url, use mailto:youremail@company.com

(2) I see that links are honored in a tab order. However, I don't see anyway they can be re-ordered like you can with form fields. Here is a suggestion from another thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines