• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The poster image could not be changed to the requested image?

Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to place a video, I get the error message "The poster image could not be changed to the requested image." How do I fix this? It only started happening with the last few videos I tried to place in InDesign. Thanks!

Ethan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Hi,

Can you confirm the Operating system and InDesign versions; as well, can you indicate where do you get the videos from?

A poster image is the chosen image to be displayed when the video is not playing.

here is a thread on changing the poster frame: How to change video preview frame/poster image?

Can you indicate if there is anything different with the recent videos, are you creating them with a different application, are you getting them from a different source? You could try to use Adobe Media

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the Operating system and InDesign versions; as well, can you indicate where do you get the videos from?

A poster image is the chosen image to be displayed when the video is not playing.

here is a thread on changing the poster frame: How to change video preview frame/poster image?

Can you indicate if there is anything different with the recent videos, are you creating them with a different application, are you getting them from a different source? You could try to use Adobe Media Encoder to convert them before testing the Place process again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Media Encoder to change the file that was having the issues from 4K down to 1920 x 1080 (which I believe is 2K, or at least close to it) and that allowed me to choose the thumbnails, so I guess InDesign just doesn't support 4K embedded documents (but really, NOTHING does, I am slightly frustrated with that requirement that was placed on us). Thank you for the reply Eric!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I'm having this same error problem. I'm on El Capitan and using Indesign CC 2015.

I've used Photoshop to convert a gif to an MP4...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines