• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Try the new Publish Online (Preview) feature in InDesign CC 2015 !

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online (Preview) is a technology preview feature that is available in English versions of InDesign CC 2015. The feature lets you effortlessly publish InDesign documents online. These documents can then be viewed with full fidelity in a desktop or tablet web browser with a delightful viewing experience, and without requiring a plug-in. If a richer document experience is desired, you can add buttons, slideshows, animation, audio, and video using the interactive authoring features of InDesign before publishing the document online.

The published document is intended to be a digital version of an InDesign document that will simply work on all devices that support a web browser. You can email the published document URL or simply share it on Facebook.

Try publishing a finished document by clicking the Publish Online button on the Application Bar or you can also choose File -> Publish Online (Preview)..To access or manage all your published documents, choose File -> Web Dashboard..For more details, see online help.

After trying it out, please give us feedback on the feature by filling this survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PublishOnline_Survey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 505 Replies 505
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, with the recent update of InDesign CC 2015 (11.1) that went live on August 11th 2015, Publish Online (Technology Preview) feature is now available across all locales of InDesign.

Various enhancements and bug fixes have also been made for this feature. For more details about this feature, please visit the following link; InDesign Help | Publish Online (Preview)

Regards,

-Pradeep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't find the information: is there a limit of Mo/Go, pages or number of documents to be shared?

Thanks,

Sylvie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Mo/Go? That's an acronym I've never heard of. I haven't heard of a page or document limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Sorry I was using French acronyms.

I was talking about MB and GB! Just wondering if there was a limit when sharing the doc.

Sylvie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Great feature! Just wanted to let you know we see some problems with tranparent color layer that use 'mulltiply' effect over an image. The underlying image does not show. Or the transpancy is not 'multiply', Hope this will be addressed is an next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jip! Issues like these are on our radar and we will keep addressing them as we move along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the best way to do page curl transitions on this publication?

https://indd.adobe.com/view/b09ce7ce-a11b-47e9-8ff8-08c258bbb961

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short…you don’t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariale,

Does your video contain any special characters? If so, please let us know the name and try to  publish after re-naming them. Can you just place the video content in the new document and try publishing it?

Regards,

Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The name of the videos are: video-belleza.mp4, video-chocolate2.mp4, video-mecanica.mp4, video-mueble2.mp4... I changed the name to belleza.mp4, chocolate.mp4, mecanica.mp4 and mueble.mp4, but still stops loading at 87%.

publish-online-error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariale,

It seems like one of your videos is causing error while uploading. Incase you have figured out the video that is not uploading, please provide it to me. Else you can package the document and share it by uploading  to creative cloud / drop-box or any service you find convenient. We will look into the issue and get back to you.

My Email: sakhanna@adobe.com

Regards,

Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer find publisher on-line button either or top bar or under file.  Where did it go to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ID CC2015 is up to date but Publish Online Preview is not available and is grayed out in Prefs. I have trashed prefs but it is still unavailable. I am in the UK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Preferences > Technology Preview and turning off Publish Online. Then turn it back on and see if that works.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's grayed out in prefs so I can't turn it on or off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Graham,

Are you signed in using your individual Adobe ID or using Enterprise Adobe ID as Publish Online currently is not available for Enterprise IDs.

Are you able to use Sync settings service, it is available in bottom left corner in ID.

Are you trying at home or office computer as on office computer there could be some firewall settings which allow access to only selected things on computer.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Individual ID but Sync Settings is not is not working so I checked in Prefs and I am not signed in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Signing Out from your Adobe ID, and then signing in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end I used the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove previous app versions and the the Applications Manager which I downloaded anew and it all works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Graham-  That's what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the new function in InDesign. A few things I've noticed the past weeks working with Publish Online:

• It can be quite annoying that double clicking makes the viewer zoom in, especially when you've made an interactive document (which is one of the main purposes for using Publish Online). People that wanted to navigate through some texts in an interactive document I've made accidentally zoomed in instead of activating new text fields.
  • External hyperlinks don't work on Safari or iOS devices, but do work on Chrome and Android devices.
  • Sometimes larger images still need to load after the viewer loaded the page, resulting in an image loading from top to bottom. Maybe it's better to preload these images.
  • I'm wondering if the documents are indexed on Google. More confidential documents should not be indexed.
  • Smaller objects that have the exact same position are still rendered on different positions. (see image below)

Schermafbeelding 2015-09-19 om 17.20.02.png
-  I've made an animation where on one layer an arrow has an opacity of 30% and on the next layer the arrow has an opacity of 100% with a looped fade-in animation. This should result in an pulsing arrow (fading in, but not completely disappearing in a loop animation), but the arrows are not rendered on the same position which makes it look like two separate arrows that are not perfectly placed over each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thijs,

Thank you for trying the Publish Online (Technology Preview) feature in InDesign and liking it. Thank you also for providing feedback and letting us know of issues that you are seeing while working with this feature. We are constantly working on improving the feature and fixing issues as we discover.

Would it be possible for you to share the InDesign document with us? Kindly package the document (by going to the File->Package... menu in InDesign) and save the package on Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive etc and send us the link so that we can investigate it further.

You can email the file location at sharewithID@adobe.com with the email subject "For Pradeep: Publish Online Test File"

Regards,

-Pradeep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Pradeep, I've just emailed you!

PS: Strokes also appear to have different weights while in fact they are all the same:

strokes.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thijs,

Thank you for sharing the files, we have been able to verify the issues and have created defects, wherever they were not already known to us.

1. Double clicking on a button with an action specified causes the page to zoom - This should not happen. Although many similar cases were taken care of, in this case it still happens and we will fix it in an upcoming release.
  2. Same stroke weight in InDesign, show up different -  This seems to be happening on MAC only. On windows it shows up fine at our end. We will investigate why the issue shows up on MAC.
  3. Small objects at the same location in InDesign with animation applied do not show up exactly over each other – We are aware of similar issues and will work towards resolving these as we take this feature forward.

For your other queries :

1. If the documents are indexed on Google. More confidential documents should not be indexed - We are not doing that.
  2. External hyperlinks don't work on Safari or iOS devices, but do work on Chrome and Android devices – There is a pop-up block setting in Safari under Safari->Preferences->Security->Block pop-up windows. If this is unchecked then external hyperlinks will work.

Thank you again for using the Publish Online (Technology Preview) feature and reporting the issues.

Do let us know if you find other issues while working with this feature.

Regards,

- Pradeep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines