• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Try the new Publish Online (Preview) feature in InDesign CC 2015 !

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online (Preview) is a technology preview feature that is available in English versions of InDesign CC 2015. The feature lets you effortlessly publish InDesign documents online. These documents can then be viewed with full fidelity in a desktop or tablet web browser with a delightful viewing experience, and without requiring a plug-in. If a richer document experience is desired, you can add buttons, slideshows, animation, audio, and video using the interactive authoring features of InDesign before publishing the document online.

The published document is intended to be a digital version of an InDesign document that will simply work on all devices that support a web browser. You can email the published document URL or simply share it on Facebook.

Try publishing a finished document by clicking the Publish Online button on the Application Bar or you can also choose File -> Publish Online (Preview)..To access or manage all your published documents, choose File -> Web Dashboard..For more details, see online help.

After trying it out, please give us feedback on the feature by filling this survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PublishOnline_Survey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 505 Replies 505
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see that option. Is that within Indesign or Networking in the control panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks anshul

i tried this and indesign doesn't crash but i can't publish.
it doesn't work. just shows the loading but it's always 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My published document loses transparency blend effects when I publish online. Please can anyone help me. I have some layers with different transparency overlapping in different blend modes and a drop shadow effect which all stop working when I publish the document using publish online. Check the discover more second last slide in the ebook.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/e53550e3-a6ee-442a-b6d6-d8800d51b946

Thank you!

Vrushali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Group the items, choose Object / Object export Options, choose HTML/EPUB and set to raterize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul

This is a welcome addition to the Adobe suite! I can see it being very useful as we move further away from print and more interactive every single day.

Question - On my doc I  am seeing everything fine on mac Firefox, and Safari. And my client sees it fine on windows IE, but in Chrome they report no navigation arrows - so it is stuck and they are stuck on page 1.

Any ideas why navigation arrows don't show in chrome?

https://indd.adobe.com/view/816b62bb-1c91-4da6-9d16-a2744984f5ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy as this may seem, I do not see anything, anywhere with my file open that says "Publish online". I am on a Mac using InDesign CC. What's going on?

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're using InDesign CC 2015, and preferably the latest version 2015.3. Choose About InDesign (InDesign CC menu on Mac, Help menu in Windows) to find out.

Make sure that in Preferences > Technology Previews that Publish Online is turned on.

If you work for a big corporation where InDesign is installed by IT, the feature may be turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. It only reads "Adobe InDesign CC" and under it reads: "2015.0 Release"

I work for myself... but it was my understanding that when you have one of the CC versions, it updates automatically to the latest version. Is this not so?

By the way, in the Preferences > Technology Previews, that button is grayed out so I can't select it.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be getting updates from the Creative Cloud desktop app. You should update to CC 2015.3.

Here's an article that explains how you can get new versions of software. It also explains that sometiime you have to install a newer version of the CC desktop app if you're not getting your updates. Good luck!

http://creativepro.com/troubleshooting-adobe-creative-cloud-desktop-app/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm...

It's pretty likely that you're not signed into the Creative Cloud desktop app. Go the CC desktop app (menu bar on Mac, task bar in Windows). Click the "gear" icon > Preferences > General > Sign Out. Then Sign in with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. My other design apps are older versions, but I have InDesign CC so I'm not terribly familiar with the way CC works. That's exactly what happened. When I went up to the icon at the menu bar and signed in, it automatically began to update the app. I'm beginning to open ID CC again now and I see the Publish Online appearing. Thank you so much. I didn't understand that I had to stay signed in.

Cheers!

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MacBook Pro 15" with two external HD monitors. Publish Online was working fine but now when I click on or select Publish Online in the menu, the Publish Online dialog box opens but is hidden. I can not find it anywhere. Not on any space, or monitor. I am unable to proceed as I get an error 'ding' sound whenever I click anywhere in the app. The only option is to force quit. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but it didn't work. I ended up uninstalling InDesign, updating OS to 10.11.5 and then reinstalling InDesign. It seems this solved the problem for now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good. I'm glad you found a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, solved by trashing "InDesign SavedData" and "InDesign Defaults" under Indesign-folders in User-Library-preferences and cashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nice but is there any way to change the viewing defaults. Like if you wanting to have the toggle thumbnails always on as a default without having to click to activate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign 2015.3 on a Win 10 pro PC. When I click the 'Publish Online' button, I receive the this error:

InDesignError67.png

I have tried all the suggested solutions but nothing solves the problem; Sign Out  & In, disable firewall, etc.

Here is the screen capture of accessing cc-api-cp-adobe.io/api/v2/limits:

limits.png

I have run out of options and would appreciate any help on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - Replaced ID pref files but still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily,

Is your machine behind proxy. To see proxy settings, go to Control Panel (small icons view)->Internet Options->Connections->LAN Settings, it would look like below:

LAN.png

If any of the check boxes in above dialog are checked then you are behind proxy.

Please uncheck all the check boxes, relaunch InDesign and try Publish Online again.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anshul,

I am not using a proxy server. Here is a screen cap of what I believe is the Win 10 equivalent to the capture you included:

proxy-settings-win10.png

However, I do use a VPN vocationally. So as a last ditch attempt, I disabled my Anti-virus and firewall, Then  I connected to my VPN, opened ID and gave it another try. All of a sudden it worked; I was able to publish! Then, I closed ID, turned off the VPN connection and re-enabled, Anti-virus and firewall thinking it wouldn't work. But to my surprise, I was now able to publish. I know this makes no sense but the problem seems to be solved (for now).

Any thoughts as to why my problem was resolved?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Publish Online feature does not support Form Fields or Submit Buttons? Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Form fields and submit buttons are specifically PDF forms features.

They are not found in SWF, or in EPUB, or in Publish Online, or in the app building technologies like DPS/AEM Mobile. Publish Online is built on HTML5, CSS and JavaScript, not on PDF technologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For some reason I get error message while trying to use the publish online tool. The document won't upload. I have embedded video in the indesign file and tried also another file with external hyperlinks. Earlier I was able to publish a document with embedded video, but know it isn't working, what could be the prblem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hyperlinks do not work when i publish a document using the new publish online feature. Is there a fix available for this?

RK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Raghu,

What kind of hyperlinks are not working for you. Are you on latest version of InDesign that is 11.3 because support for text hyperlinks were not there few versions back. In which browser you are viewing you published document.

Can you please share a link here as well so that we can take a look.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines