• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Try the new Publish Online (Preview) feature in InDesign CC 2015 !

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online (Preview) is a technology preview feature that is available in English versions of InDesign CC 2015. The feature lets you effortlessly publish InDesign documents online. These documents can then be viewed with full fidelity in a desktop or tablet web browser with a delightful viewing experience, and without requiring a plug-in. If a richer document experience is desired, you can add buttons, slideshows, animation, audio, and video using the interactive authoring features of InDesign before publishing the document online.

The published document is intended to be a digital version of an InDesign document that will simply work on all devices that support a web browser. You can email the published document URL or simply share it on Facebook.

Try publishing a finished document by clicking the Publish Online button on the Application Bar or you can also choose File -> Publish Online (Preview)..To access or manage all your published documents, choose File -> Web Dashboard..For more details, see online help.

After trying it out, please give us feedback on the feature by filling this survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PublishOnline_Survey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 505 Replies 505
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim... thanks! I have dozens...and they are not hyperlinks. I think they

are toc text anchors into text from a crashed document that could not be

recovered.

How do I identify where the actual "External Text Anchor not found:

1" faulty link is?

Thanks, Marian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's clearly marked as a Technology Preview. Progress in development and bug fixing has been going very fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve, I keep that in mind every time I use it. Any ideas on how to resolve the most current problem?

Many thanks, marian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I don't have a fix. I have been attending to a lot of different posts on this forum (as well as things that actually bring me income) and haven't had time to do extensive testing with Publish Online problems. But the engineers have been checking in when they have time.

It's best not to get to attached to creating projects with experimental features unless you have a long timeline that includes finding workarounds when you run into the inevitable problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again, Steve.

In fact, I've found you to be one of the most tried and true first

responders on this list, with a generous and timely delivery of practical

solutions, and I give you heart-felt thanks for that!

I just have had so many problems with getting links to long docs posted

without crashing, that clients get frustrated and deadlines get

compromised.

Happy Sunday, Marian

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Steve Werner <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got a project for this feature.

It's going to be an interactive PDF, but I figured I could show case the online version as a "wow factor".

When I choose File>Export>PDF Intereractive, I can indeed to choose to publish online.

However, when I do this the only PDF I can upload to the servers is a PDF print?

Obviously that's a bit of an oversight, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think so, Eugene.

Interactive PDF and Publish Online are so different the assumption would be that you check out the interactive version online and get a print version if you need it.

As we discussed previously, my opinion of interactive PDF is that it should be used for forms only. Anything else is just one kludge on top of another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of personal opinion, we are swayed by the client.

And the fact remains, that rollover buttons simply don't appear in the downloaded PDF, it's just blank. I presume you can get them to be included, by having a saved preset, but you really should allow you to choose your settings at the time of Publish Online, with the usual dialog box.

To top it off the, Rollover Buttons I setup  don't really work on the online version, but they are perfect in the Interactive PDF.

And I do still think it's an oversight, Interactive PDFs are still "in" - and the fact remains, I can't include an PDF (Interactive) in my Publish Online - and I should have that option.

As you say - they could be good for Forms - but good is it being able to publish online, if you can't download that interactive PDF from the Publish ONline platform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know where to file feature requests, Eugene.

Right not, you get a print ready PDF, not an interactive one and the feature set from Publish Online is so different from interactive PDF I don’t see how you could translate one into the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how rich content interactive online publication translates into a print pdf either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandee, you reply to Eugene Tyson came in blank in the InDesign forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first installed Indesign CC, I loved the publish online feature. I upgraded to a new machine, installed all the programs and this feature is no longer available. The button doesn't show up in the menu bar. It is not available under "file" and is grayed out in the indesign preferences. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try:

(1) Go to Preferences > Technologies Preview and make sure Publish Online is checked.

(2) Go to the Creative Cloud application. Click on the gear > Preferences > General. Sign Out and then Sign In with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Publish Online allow me to create a button for the reader to SHARE a specific page through Facebook and Twitter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Russ!!, You cannot share a specific page of a published document.

Publish Online does not have this functionality as of now. You may need to publish the particular page of InDesign document and then share that to achieve this workflow.

Happy Publishing!!

Monica Singh

InDesign Engineering Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monica.. Drop Shadows created in inDesign don't show up in Preview or exported Epubs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.. I see that if I make Drop Shadows a style, then they work once exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that this feature will work OK for days, and then discontinue to take uploads for days for no apparent reason.

Why?Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 8.56.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we disable the "publish online" button or move it? Every time I hover my mouse near the align tools I get the popup and it's annoying.

PublishOnlineTooltip.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preference > Technology Previews.

Disable Publish Online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate those InDesign Pop Ups! Annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documents that I usely publish with Publish Online present an issue that i am unable to overcome : when a page includes a sound file witch starts automatically on loading the page, this sound file does not play when the document is opened with IOS or with Android. Has anyone met with this problem, or am i doing something wrong ?

Included an excerpt of one of my document : it contains a sound file with automatic start up  on fourth page : everything works fine in OS X 10.10.4 or Windows 8, but not with IOS or Androïd.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/3dc0522d-bb83-4f64-9e87-f5028c4a0ae0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link is blank when I click it in Safari on a MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines