• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Try the new Publish Online (Preview) feature in InDesign CC 2015 !

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online (Preview) is a technology preview feature that is available in English versions of InDesign CC 2015. The feature lets you effortlessly publish InDesign documents online. These documents can then be viewed with full fidelity in a desktop or tablet web browser with a delightful viewing experience, and without requiring a plug-in. If a richer document experience is desired, you can add buttons, slideshows, animation, audio, and video using the interactive authoring features of InDesign before publishing the document online.

The published document is intended to be a digital version of an InDesign document that will simply work on all devices that support a web browser. You can email the published document URL or simply share it on Facebook.

Try publishing a finished document by clicking the Publish Online button on the Application Bar or you can also choose File -> Publish Online (Preview)..To access or manage all your published documents, choose File -> Web Dashboard..For more details, see online help.

After trying it out, please give us feedback on the feature by filling this survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PublishOnline_Survey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 505 Replies 505
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am of the opinion that this software is not ready for Primetime! It is very buggy.. and the amount of failures on multipage docs is significamt.

Adobe has not been attentive to the problems/issues in a timely fashion. Many of my posts just hang as unresolved. This is a concern when dealing with pressing deadlines.

Thanks, Marian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am set up on Adobe for Teams. We have multiple team members who are creating and editing collateral. I see that I can go to my Web Dashboard to manage the online versions of my documents. Is there a way for teams to be able to see all of the web versions that themselves and their team members have published?

Thanks!
Katie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there is no team version of Publish Online. It is tied to your individual Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way for the document to receive commenting notes after it's published online? This would be a great proofing tool for magazines we publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered you in the other thread you started, @vatricec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that if I view the published file from the direct URL, it is responsive, but if I use the embed code, it's not. Also would love a way to only have the embed code available for the user publishing it. I don't really want to offer an embed code to everyone/anyone who views it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the product manager probably doesn't monitor this forum, you should submit your request about the embed code option here:

Feature Requests/Bug Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys this feature is amazing - it is exactly what we need. Please keep developing it - I would gladly pay for the service when it is complete.

We use other online viewers, and not only are they expensive they don't do exactly what we want.

The only features I would like to see are greater toolbar options (ie pin to left, right, bottom, top of the screen) and also make the toolbar so it does not obscure the content similar to how it works when the file is embedded.

Keep up the great work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - can you please explain the security around this platform. Can it be used for confidential documents, is it searchable online? When I was at AdobeMAX last year, they told us that you will soon be able to download the HTML and use it for a locally stored document. Can i please have a timeline on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want it local, use Fixed Layout EPUB.

There is no confidentiality with Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a strange thing with my latest publication.

Opens and works fine in Safari / IE & Google Chrome on Win7 & Mac but on Win8 it opens on the first page but you cannot navigate using the buttons, if you catch the exterior navigation (arrows on right and left side of the screen or the gallery of pages, you can navigate around the publication.

Chrome Version is 48.0.2564.116 on all computers?

Seems odd that it is just on one Windows version of Chrome?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn,

Are you taking about buttons created in InDesign to navigate to next pages. Can you please share your URL here, it would help in seeing the issue.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the buttons do not highlight on rollover (where set) or active when clicked.

Link: https://indd.adobe.com/view/1aa6e7d1-a7e4-49a8-8e92-064d5360d6a1

Thanks in advance of your help.

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague also has an issue with Win10, same problem, same version of chrome. Edge seems OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn,

Just fyi, this works fine on Mac Safari.

Slow to load, though, even with pretty high-speed connection;  is this at 144 PPI?  If so, wonder if you might try it at 96 PPI.

--Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Diane, it is 96PPI and Medium images.

This Win* / 10 Chrome issue is a mystery though!!

Thanks,

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to find any way of getting consistent colour for my docs. My images change quite a bit when using this feature, as opposed to exporting a PDF.

I don't see any place to set colour policies. What am I missing?

Compare page 2 here:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/ee7ea0a9-0728-4ccd-a088-7c5df7344c22

With here:

http://www.ragandbone.ca/PDFs/owl_at_home_guide.pdf

(Ignoring the non-printing page tone background in the second link, although that's another thing I can't seem to replicate: non-printing items don't seem to appear in the Publish Online version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable the button? It's terrible UI design to have a rollover button so close to other controls. Every time I need to make typographic adjustments, I'm only a few pixels away from activating this annoying pop-up feature (and it happens often).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn it off in your preferences under technology preview or publish a blank document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive just tried this for the first time, and it works great on desktops.  but there appears to be an issue with displaying it on mobiles and tablets,  I get page options but all that is displayed in the first page when looking at it from mobiles and tablets, is this something ive done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been publishing online and find this feature great- however when I am in the publish online dialog box it does not give me the option for "viewers to download as a pdf" check box. I need this facility enabled. Why can't i see it? HELP

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 16.20.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to About InDesign (InDesign menu on Mac, Help menu in Windows) and tell us exactly what version of InDesign you have. You need InDesign CC 2015.2 (11.2) for that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thanks I actually have11.0.0.72

its part of the CC at my company- but I'm all up to date on the cloud... how do i upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines