• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typefaces missing from lates update

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the latest version of InDesign and all of my typefaces are missing. Is there a way to get them back en masse or do I have to do it one by one and how do I do either of those things?

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typefaces are not installed IN INDESIGN. Where are you fonts installed? Are you using the location normally used for your operating system? Are you using Adobe Fonts from the Creative Cloud? Are you using any kind of font management?

I would start by restoring your InDesign preferences which often fixes problems that occur when you first do an update. This article explains how:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been using a font management utility such as Suitcase or FontExplorer to auto-activate your fonts up until now? If so then check within that utility's Plug-in Manager to make sure that you have the latest auto-activate plug-in installed. With FontExplorer the plug-in manager can be found through Tools>Plug-in Manager. As it happens, though, FontExplorer X has been discontinued with version 7.3.1 so plug-ins for CC 2023 are not actually available. If that is the case for you then you will need to get a new Font utillity to auto-activate fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it depends on what you mean by "all".

If the fonts in question are Postscript Type 1, the following will happen in the latest version:

If you are starting a new document, all Type 1 fonts will no longer be included in Font dialog lists, whether they are installed in your system or not.

If used in an existing document, they will come up reported as "Missing" (with brackets around the names in Font dialogs) and will need to be replaced with something else, or a compatible format, but also will no longer be included in Font dialog lists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In one of your documents where the files are missing, choose Type > Find/Replace Font. Click the Show Info button, and take a screen capture and send it. That way we can help analyze what happened. Brad @ Roaring Mouse described what would happen if you used Type 1 fonts which are no longer supported in the current InDesign (or Illustrator or Photoshop) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines