Exit

Unable to display text in a text frame on a page with a graphic master

Participant ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am hoping someone can help me.

I have a document with a master that has a jpeg  graphic pasted into it. When I create a text box on the page associated with this master no text is visible. If I copy and paste a textbox with text in it onto this page, the frame appears, but the text seems to get pushed way down to the bottom of the frame which then expands and gives me an overprint symbol and I can't adjust the frame so that the text appears over the graphic.

If I paste the graphic over the text and try to send it to the back the text is still not visible. Does anyone know what is going on here? I am running the latest version of Indesign with Windows 11.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check and see if you have text wrap settings applied to the graphic on your parent page. That would push text out of your document page text frame every time.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines