• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch app & open file by clicking on file

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update, I am unable to launch AND open the file either InDesign or Illustrator. The application will launch but the file will not open - not even if I try to open the file again from within the application(s). Sometimes I get 'the file is already open' message and sometimes not. It is displayed as being opened. To get the file to appear, I have to close the application and click on the file again. This is a major frustration!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I'm running MacOs 10.13.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to InDesign.
Could also be moved to Illustrator.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have released InDesign CC2019.0.2 with lot of stability fixes. If you are not on 14.0.2.324 then I would recommend you to upgrade to latest version as it is more robust.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

• Error snapshot or video recording of the issue?
  • Does Trashing preference and cache, please create a backup of Preference and cache before trashing them, help to resolve the issue?

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. If you are not updated to 14.0.2, the do it. Also, try resetting the preferences: Set preferences in Adobe InDesign

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines