• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to place PDF in InDesign Import dialog does not show

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't Place... multiple page PDFs anymore in Indesign. The Import Options dialog no longer pops up. I only hear a delayed error sound but no error is displayed or shown. I ESC to stop escape this.

I have tested with just a JPG and I see the Import Options dialog. Also if I dont check the Import Options, it will load the last page of the multi PDF.

I have the lastest Adobe Indesign and Acrobat Reader.

Indesign has not been updated when this error started but Acrobat has last week. It was working fine yesterday and this morning. I have restarted my Windows machine. Thanks

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program was the creator of that PDF?

Did you run in Acrobat Pro a preflight like to adjust to a PDF/X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Canva - I can open the PDF with Acrobat Pro fine and can edit it and save it.

Do you mean run a preflight - Save as PDF/X option? Or Use print production -> Save as PDF/X. 

I did both (in case they are different) and both created. And opened successfully.

I've tested with previously saved multi PDF's that have placed in Indesign successfully and they do not work anymore either. I might reinstall the previous Adobe Acrobat version. And trying different apps exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sudden odd behavior can indicate corrupt preferences. See Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the informative and comprehensive guide! Very helpful. Do you know of an equivalent Photoshop guide by any chance? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same keyboard shortcuts should work, and you should be able to locate photoshop preferences in a similar location in your user profile for manual removal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines