• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save document to the cloud in InDesign 19.4 beta version on macOS.

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody. Since the last InDesign Beta update (19.4) I can no longer save documents to the cloud. The "save as" option only allows me to save locally. Cloud save disappeared. Likewise, I can no longer open cloud documents directly from InDesign. I already uninstalled and reinstalled. I installed the official version (not beta) and it simply doesn't work anymore. To my surprise, the same thing is happening in Photoshop Beta. Illustrator is normally accessing the cloud, as always. Can someone help me? I'm using a MacBook Pro M3, MacOs Sonoma 14.4.1. thanks!

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

The Adobe InDesign prelease team announced today May 7, 2024 that the Cloud Documents feature is now available for all localities. 

When you update to InDesign 19.4, and youj're having problems getting it to work:

(1) Try restoring InDesign preferences.

he keyboard shortcut on launch technique explained in the next section works for all versions, but is difficult for some to accomplish because of the precise timing required. InDesign 19.3 and later has introduced a new feature that will al

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read these recommendations several times. precisely the option 'To do so, open InDesign and select File > Save as > Save Adobe Cloud document' no longer exists. Save to Adobe Cloud disappeared. I requested technical support from the Adobe team and received information that the MacOS Sonoma version has caused many conflicts with Adobe apps and Adobe Cloud. I hope this is resolved very soon. The person buys the best hardware and operating system, pays for the best programs and services and they conflict with each other. comical if it weren't tragic. Help us, Adobe Team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reached out to Apple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not with Apple. Only with Adobe.

I just updated the indesign beta to version 19.4 on the computer at the company I work for and the cloud options also disappeared. The OS this time is Windows 10 Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud Documents is definitely working in the US in Sonoma on a Mac. I've been using it and posting about it for the last week since it's been available.

(1) Where are you located (there could be a locality not yet supported)? (2) To see the Save Cloud Document option, you have to open InDesign 19.4, then quit and it should be available on the second launch; (3) Make sure you have updated to the lastest version of Sonoma (current version 14.4.1). Older Sonoma versions can cause problems.

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 1.51.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your support. but all the questions raised are not reasons for it not to work. but that would be a very strange thing. regarding your questions, responding promptly: (1) where I live, creative cloud works normally, as I have said more than once, it is working perfectly in all apps and even worked until the update. Only if specifically version 19.4 is not released in my region. (2) didn't work on the second launch. (3) Sonoma is appropriately updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled version 19.4 and reinstalled the previous version 19.0.1. I returned to accessing the cloud normally directly through InDesign. There really is an issue specifically with version 19.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled version 19.4 and reinstalled the previous version 19.0.1. I returned to accessing the cloud normally directly through InDesign. There really is an issue specifically with version 19.4.

By @Leo Almenara

This, of course, only applies to Beta. I can confirm that reverting to 19.0.1 Beta enables the cloud docs feature even here in Toronto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. We are talking about the beta version. Here in Brasília the same thing happened to me. I went back to version 19.0.1 and accessed the cloud normally again. Thanks you all for support! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody. Since the last InDesign Beta update (19.4) I can no longer save documents to the cloud. 

By @Leo Almenara

Do you see this option in InDesign 19.4 released version (NOT beta)?

Adobe did add this feature to the released version but it's not available everywhere yet. It's being gradually added (you need to restart InDesign 19.4 to see if it's already there). There's no way to know when and where it's added. It's not even added strictly by country (for example, cloud docs available in some parts of Canada but not others).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see it but also in the current version of InDesign 19.4 (not beta).
The question of countries or regions where they are or are not released does not apply to my case.
All other programs are functioning normally in the cloud. Indesign normally worked in the cloud until the previous version. I updated and InDesign no longer works with cloud files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled the previous version of InDesign Beta (19.0.1) and it worked normally again, accessing and saving files in the cloud. The problem really is the current version (19.4). Didn't access cloud files on my personal Mac and company PC (Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update and is it working normally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per an announcement by Adobe on another forum, I can confirm that the cloud docs feature is now available here in Toronto (and should be available everywhere) in 19.4 released version. (I didn't check beta 19.4 but it's not really important now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe InDesign prelease team announced today May 7, 2024 that the Cloud Documents feature is now available for all localities. 

When you update to InDesign 19.4, and youj're having problems getting it to work:

(1) Try restoring InDesign preferences.

he keyboard shortcut on launch technique explained in the next section works for all versions, but is difficult for some to accomplish because of the precise timing required. InDesign 19.3 and later has introduced a new feature that will allow you to reset preferences from within the program.

Save and close all open files.

1. Open Edit > Preferences > General (Windows) or InDesign > Preferences > General (Mac.)
  2. Click Reset Preferences on Quit. Close and then restart InDesign.

(2) The Cloud Document feature will be available on the 2nd launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tkx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines